Today, over 40 percent of the world’s population - most living in rural areas - lack access to affordable or reliable internet connectivity.
Fueled by COVID-19, demand for the internet has exponentially surged due to critical use cases such as digital education, remote working, telehealth, and social connectivity. Beyond the pandemic, connectivity will continue to play a fundamental role in supporting basic human needs. It is estimated that a 10% increase in broadband penetration could contribute to over a 1% increase in the nation's GDP.
Bringing together experts from various regions across the world, this two-part webinar will highlight the challenges and opportunities in enabling rural connectivity and showcase efforts in multiple areas to connect the unconnected:
- Session 1 - Deployment of Rural Connectivity (For Asia-Pacific & African Time Zones)
- Thursday, 07 October 2021 | 15:30 IST/10:00 UTC - 17:00 IST/11:30 UTC
- Session 2 - Enablement of Rural Connectivity (For North American and Latin American Time Zones)
- Tuesday, 12 October 2021 | 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ET
Who Should Attend?
- Researchers & academia
- Users and producers of systems and components for networking systems
- Telecommunications carriers
- Service providers
- Semiconductor manufacturers
- Test houses
- Content providers
- Technology providers
- Policy makers