Open RAN (O-RAN) technology is enabling innovation across applications, including virtualization, software-defined networking, and separation of control plane and user plane. This will enable the dis-aggregation of networks.
To incubate new O-RAN standards and related products and services and complement existing industry efforts, IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) launched a new Industry Connections (IC) activity to develop a sustainable framework addressing the deployment, interoperability, configuration and fault management, and performance issues of the O-RAN architecture.
Bringing key players across the world from industry, academia, and government, this webinar explores ways to accelerate research, development, and deployment of O-RAN to support the telecommunications industry and beyond.
Who Should Attend?
- Researchers & academia
- Telecommunications service providers
- Technology providers
- Policymakers & government agencies
- Other interested stakeholders
What You Will Learn:
- Evolution of Open RAN technologies
- Current state of standards in Open RAN
- Lessons learned from Open RAN trials and deployment
- Interoperability and interworking with orchestration and automation
- Opportunities and challenges with Open RAN deployment
- Security challenges and opportunities
- Open RAN test and integration
To join the Open RAN (Radio Access Network) Industry Connections activity, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to Ashutosh Dutta, Chair or Purva Rajkotia.