By using or downloading the IEEE SA Badge, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. You understand and agree that IEEE is the owner of all intellectual property rights in the Support and Program Badges. By using the badges, you do not acquire any ownership or licensing rights other than as specifically outlined in these Terms and Conditions
1. Purpose of IEEE SA Badge.
IEEE SA Badges are provided for one of two purposes:
- Support Badge that can be placed on a non-IEEE website to indicate support for a technical concept or an IEEE SA activity. Support Badges may be hyperlinked to an IEEE or IEEE SA website that covers the specific technical concept or IEEE SA activity. The badge is not intended to indicate any endorsement by IEEE or IEEE SA of the entity that owns the non-IEEE website, nor is it intended to indicate any technical expertise of recipients of the IEEE SA Badge or the recipient’s employer or affiliation(s).
- Program Badge that is earned by meeting specific criteria outlined by an IEEE SA program, and may be used only in the way specified by the IEEE SA program issuing the badge. Program badges are identified using the program brand or other IEEE marks. By using or downloading the IEEE SA Badge, you agree to use the Badge only for the specific purpose for which it was intended.
2. Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability.
(A) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE BADGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND IEEE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE BADGE OR THE SITES TO WHICH IT LINKS. IEEE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPLETENESS, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(B) DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY. IEEE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THE SITES LINKED FROM THE BADGE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. THE SITES COULD CONTAIN TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, MISCATALOGUED INFORMATION, OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES. IEEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, CHANGE OR DELETE ITS CONTENT OR ANY PART THEREOF WITHOUT NOTICE. ANY PRICE OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. BY YOUR USE OF THESE SITES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU DO NOT AND WILL NOT RELY ON IT BEING APPROPRIATELY CATALOGUED OR COMPLETE FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PATENTABILITY OF ANY INVENTION, INVALIDITY OF ANY CLAIM OF ANY PATENT OR APPLICATION, OR AUTHORSHIP AND INVENTORSHIP OF ANY ARTICLE, PATENT OR APPLICATION. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU OR YOUR AGENTS WILL NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST IEEE DUE TO SUCH RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION WHICH YOU BELIEVE TO BE NON CURRENT, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE. ADDITIONALLY, THESE SITES MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DOCUMENTS AND SOFTWARE. IEEE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TRUTH, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH INFORMATION. IEEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
(C) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. NEITHER IEEE NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THESE SITES OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED HEREIN, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THESE SITES AND WILL NOT MAKE ANY CLAIM AGAINST IEEE FOR LOST DATA, RE-RUN TIME, INACCURATE OUTPUT, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS.
3. Termination. IEEE may terminate this agreement at any time. Upon termination, you agree to cease all use of the Badge and sites. Without limiting the foregoing, IEEE shall have the right to immediately terminate your access and use of these sites, or any portion of these sites, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which IEEE, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions. The provisions of Section 2, and this Section 3 shall survive any termination of this agreement.